The words Islam and Fashion do not usually go hand in hand! However, her royal Highness, Sheika Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned, took the world by storm with her powerful fashion sense, proving that women can be both stylish and conservative! Here are five things she is teaching us about style:
1. Turbans are incredibly chic and even better when paired with statement jewelry.
2. A cinched waist is the epitome of femininity and makes every ensemble chic.
3. Long hemlines can be just as sexy as a miniskirt.
4. Bright colors are always the way to go and make a great fashion statement.
5. No matter what your age, fashion can and always should be fun.
Although I don't agree with her fashion sense, I think what she is saying is brilliant. What I think is just a personal opinion but lately I've been noticing more and more people going with comfort rather that style, not taking a second look in the mirror. One of those types of people are muslim veiled women. I love that she is also targeting those ones too... That said veiled women are not the only ones so whether you are veiled or not, if comfort is your primary concern know that you can be comfortable and stylish if you try a tiny bit harder.
(source: Saks Fifth Avenue)